Learning is the Key to a Healthy Life
Call for an appointment 904-826-1965
Below you will find healing articles on a vast array of subjects. Enjoy reading and gathering information...if you have any questions, give us a shout (email) or call and talk to our Herbalist. We don't mind if you copy our articles but please keep author information intact for each article; Plus a link back to our site would be great! ThanksClasses:
- Botany Basics
- This is an introductory class to learn about plants, botany classification, nomenclature, and field botany. We will cover plant identification, plant families, how to use a botany key, and other diverse topics such as native herbs, plant chemistry, and material medica.
- Our lead teacher is Michael Bowles, current president of the Sea Oats chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society, and long-time “plant nerd.” The class will be hosted at Healing Waters Clinic & Herb Shop. We will occasionally have field trips that are convenient for the class members.
- When: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 and thereafter the first Tuesday each month
- Time: 7:00 PM
Where: Healing Waters Clinic, 26 Clark St., downtown St. Augustine
Cost: Free but we love donations
More Info: 904-826-1965
Some snacks will be available but feel free to bring more!
- Notes from last class
Articles on Healing:
- Mental health practitioners slowly turning to holistic practices
- Holistic practices gaining mainstream credibility
- How to Get Started In Alternative Medicine
- How Herbs Work
- Herbal Therapies: Basic Strategies to Deep Healing -- coming soon
How an Herbal Program Works -- coming soon
Herbal Safety & Effectiveness -- coming soon
Looking to improve your health and quality of life? Learn how to get started with wholistic medicine.
Our natural remedies are selected by our herbalist to ensure the highest quality. Check out this month’s featured supplements.