ACP Homework #1
The Laws of Healing
Call for an appointment 904-826-1965
Whatever we call it, it is a function of Life and being alive, and somehow the body "knows" what to do. This series of thoughts on the intelligence of the body is intended to help you understand how the healing process works.
- Every effect has a cause and every cause has an effect. We can call symptoms or disease, effects. Symptoms are our body's warning system to tell us something is out of balance and needs attention. Symptoms don't just happen, there's a reason they are there. Nothing happens out of thin air! If there are symptoms there are causes of those symptoms. Regular medicine only treats the symptoms and doesn't ask why symptoms occur. Hands-on and natural healing in our practice addresses the underlying cause of symptoms.
- The good news! The body wants to heal and be in balance. Whether we call it "nature," the "wisdom of the body," or "innate intelligence," "healing power," or "homeostasis," the body is trying to move from health to disease. It seems that all living things have this functional wisdom. We at our clinic feel comfortable in calling this an "intelligence" and often state: A "living thing" has an inborn intelligence within its body, called Innate Intelligence. It is this intelligence that does the healing.
- Every body part has a function and is connected to every other body part by the control systems of the body, which are the endocrine system and the nervous system. Somehow Innate Intelligence works through these systems to keep us alive and functional. When all the parts of the body are working together, we call that health. The mission of Innate Intelligence is to maintain the material of the body of a "living thing" in active organization.
- Once we have begun to identify the causes of your symptoms or "disease," we will assist the body by removing blockages to health. Healing takes time, whether it is a short period or long period. There is no process that does not take require time. If you were building a house (even a dog house!) you must identity how to begin and all the things you need to get the job done. Then you must execute! So like any endeavor, healing takes time. The sooner you begin, the shorter the process becomes.
- Health is our natural state. Part of our growth as human beings is to discover what "health" means and what a "normal" life consists of. Innate Intelligence is always normal and its function is always normal. Because of this the body is working towards health at all times. The more we listen to our body and our inner wisdom, the more we are "in tune" with Life.
- Interference with transmission of innate forces causes in coordination or dis-ease. Whether we call interference "blockages," "trauma," "poor diet, "fatigue," "stress," or "pain," the process by which we experience the effects of the interference is an in coordination of the body parts.
- Where does this healing power come from? If there is a healing power or intelligence in the body, and that same intelligence is present in all human beings, and all "living things," then it would follow there is Intelligence and design in Nature. Things fit together and just work. This aspect of Life is perhaps beyond the human mind even though we attempt to use science to explain it all, in our more humbler moments we realize the context of Life is large and bigger than the individual's ability to grasp it all. Because of this we are compelled to think A Universal Intelligence is in all matter and continually gives to it all its properties and actions thus maintaining it in existence.
Continue exploring our site by clicking on the buttons on the left or the links below to learn about:
Also check out our Learn More section for the nuts and bolts of how our treatments work.
Looking to improve your health and quality of life? Learn how to get started with wholistic medicine.
Our natural remedies are selected by our herbalist to ensure the highest quality. Check out this month’s featured supplements.